ddavidv SuperDork
Sept. 26, 2008 3:52 p.m.

Wallens, making me work for it...bastard. 69-73 Isuzu Bellett GTR:

David S. Wallens Editorial Director
Sept. 26, 2008 3:56 p.m.

Pretty cool, huh? My die-cast one is the same color. If only I were also 1/43-scale.

blackrabbit New Reader
Sept. 26, 2008 7:20 p.m.

OK, a little help here guys... I started this thread and cant seem to get a pic to load here I can do it easily in readers rides or ran when parked nothing here works???? what am i screwing up?

David S. Wallens Editorial Director
Sept. 26, 2008 7:25 p.m.

Technically you can't upload a photo to the message board, but you can link to one that's posted somewhere else.

For example, this photo is hosted in our Readers Ride section:

I'm sure Baxter can provide a more technical reason.

blackrabbit New Reader
Sept. 26, 2008 7:34 p.m.

How bout a 1967 OSI 20mTS.... http://www.flickr.com/photos/18rgrabbit/2890439835/

well at least the link works...???

ever seen one of these? I found resting in a nearby town and had to cut three trees to get it out! sold it on to a guy in utah. these were built in Turin by Officine stampaggi industriali, based on a german ford taunus 20m 2.3 V6 4speed. less than 2000 made...

ddavidv SuperDork
Sept. 27, 2008 6:30 a.m.

There's yer pic matey.

Edit: now there's a story idea. There were a lot of cottage type builders of cars like this and the Apollo that used 'common' vehicle drivetrains with exotic styling. I'd love to see some stories or even a comparison among a number of them, much as you did with the micro cars. It would be tough to get a number of them all in one place, of course. These cars are appealing because you don't need to remortgage the house to do an engine rebuild.

wspohn New Reader
Sept. 29, 2008 6:17 p.m.

Odd?

The oddest in appearance would be my old Jensen, but it pales into positive orthodoxy compared to Daimler SP-250s.

Shinsen774 Reader
Sept. 29, 2008 7:33 p.m.

Not my car, but guy in our local club has this Citroen Mehari with an ABS plastic body. Not sure what he's going to do with it.

gblawson New Reader
Oct. 5, 2008 2:40 a.m.

One of three known in North America (email if you know of more)...1957ish Wolseley 6/90

degruch New Reader
Oct. 5, 2008 5:56 p.m.

"56 Panhard just popped up on Ebay, near me. http://cars2.ebay.com.au/Panhard-Dyna-LHD_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ330274117418

Sounds like a fascinating car, but I daresay parts are made of pure unobtainium by now. I'll be interested to see how much it sells for."

Damn...I was outbid with 2 seconds left to go! Final sale price AU$2,185.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Classic Motorsports

Buy One, Get One Free

3 days ago in News

Give your friend a subscription and we'll give you one for free for being such a good person.

Win Some CRC Goodies

1 week ago in News

Have you entered our shop contest yet? We're sending a couple prizes out tomorrow morning.

Modifications: Injuries or upgrades?

1 week ago in Articles

Modification is a double-edged sword and is becoming increasingly frowned upon when applied to classic cars.

1971 Innocenti Mini Cooper for Auction

2 weeks ago in News

Interested in owning a Mini Cooper which was featured in Classic Motorsports?

2015 Mitty Tickets Now Available

2 weeks ago in News

Tickets for the 2015 Speedfest at the Classic Motorsports Mitty are now officially available.

RM Auctions to Offer Esteemed Sam Pack Collection

2 weeks ago in News

RM Auctions will end the auction calendar in Dallas, selling 130 cars without reserve.

We Assemble the Engine

2 weeks ago in Project Cars

Our Tornado's engine is actually very similar to a Ford Model A powerplant.

Mlassic Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Classic Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More